Hephzibah House Journal

Hephzibah House Journal
Susan Grotte's journal from her experience as a student at Hephzibah House, told in short-story form.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Lisa Mueller Luczak: Survivor!


I was at Hephzibah House for 15 months, from Aug 1985-November 1986.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about my time there. I do not agree with the ways the girls were dealt with, their methods, or even how they portray Christianity. In spite of that, God DID work in my heart while I was there. I always attribute this to HIS Word.

If there is anything GOOD I can say it is that God's Word does not return void, and He used the intense scripture memory that was required of us to convict me of sin and make me willing to surrender my will to His.

It was a very difficult time in my life, and I have struggled a lot to recover from the negative impacts that the indoctrination has had on my life. I am not bitter about my experience there, God has helped me to work through all that, but I would not recommend anyone else send their daughter there.

I consider myself a miracle of God's Grace, having come through with my faith in tact, in SPITE of the way I was treated there, rather than because of the way I was treated there.

The things that happen there simply should not be allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment